The HAIR DOPE color line allows consumers to experiment with one of the greatest fashion accessories, their hair.
With two regimens within the offering, you can color your hair daily with makeup, or dye your hair with a semi-permanent version that can last for days.
Non-Damaging Hair Formulas: By providing formulas that are water-based, and emulsified with olive oil, shea butter, argan oil and keratin, users will be at ease knowing they can transform their look healthfully.
● Vegan ● Cruelty-Free ● Salt-Free ● Paraben-Free ● Ammonia-free ● Hydrogen Peroxide Free
1. Getting Ready -Always apply your hair color in the bathroom. You'll also want to change into an old shirt that you don't care about staining. Cover the floor with newspapers or old towels. Always make sure you use protective gloves whenever you are bleaching or coloring your hair. Wash your hair 24 to 48 hours before dyeing and if possible avoid using a conditioner.
2. Lightening Your Hair -Generally, your hair has to be pre-lightened - otherwise known as bleached - for hair colors to appear as vibrant and clear as they appear in pictures. The lighter you want the color, the more your existing color must be lifted.
To bleach your hair, brush your hair thoroughly and make sure your locks are tangle-free and smooth. Then, divide your hair into four sections. Apply HAIR DOPE Brightener evenly to each section while massaging it into your hair. If your roots are darker, start bleaching your roots first. Leave the brightener in your hair for 15 to 40 minutes. Check progress in 15-minute increments
by wiping the product off a strand of hair. If you are happy with the result, rinse the product off thoroughly. Then wash your hair with HAIR DOPE Pre Shampoo and let it dry.
3. Do a Test -Before coloring, you should test the hair dye to make sure it will not cause you any irritation. Use soap, water, or alcohol to clean a small area of skin behind your ear or on the inner surface of your forearm. Apply a small quantity of hair color to the area and let it dry to see if your skin gets irritated. Do not continue to use in case of irritation or inflammation. This test should be carried out before each application.
4. Protect your hairline -Prevent any staining by applying Vaseline or baby oil along your hairline, on your ears, and neck. This creates a barrier that the hair color cannot penetrate. If you happen to get any hair dye on your skin, you can erase it instantly with a makeup remover towelettes or an exfoliating face wash.
5a. Applying Semi-Permanent Color -It's time to get dyeing! Apply the Hair Juice evenly from hair roots to ends with a tinting brush and then comb it through. Wait for 15 to 30 minutes for your color to develop and then rinse until clear. Dispose of remaining product.
NOTE: Hair color will fade out with each shampoo application and may last for up to 5 to 8 washes. It
may last longer depending on the type, condition, and porosity of your hair. For best results, apply to
dry, bleached hair first, and do not condition.
5b. Applying Temporary Color -With your fingertips, apply a dime-sized amount of Hair Sauce onto thin sections of dry hair. Comb or brush hair to distribute the color wax evenly. Air dry or blow-dry your hair and style it as desired.